Crimson Clover Seed (Annual)
- DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE GRASS: Overseeding a grass lawn with Crimson Clover adds low growing flowers which bloom at 6-12” from May to June. To install, dormant seed in late fall or winter or simply mow short in spring then hand spread the flowering lawn seed into the grass, water, and watch it grow.
- KID, PET, POLLINATOR, AND ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: Flowering lawns are kid and pet friendly and can be walked and played on as normal. Attracts beneficial pollinators such as butterflies and moths, honeybees, and bumblebees. Reduces the carbon footprint of your property. Reduces storm water runoff and filters toxins. Regenerates the soil creating a healthy environment and biodiversity.
- ANNUAL SEED: Crimson clover is a winter annual and will commonly over-winter except for in the Upper-Midwest. Will not survive winter in zones 5 or colder but has the potential to reseed itself.
- PURE FLOWER SEEDS: No grass seed fillers like other brands. Contains Crimson Clover seed. Designed to be over-seeded into an existing lawn after mowing short in spring or fall or dormant seeded over a fresh snow on a calm day when the ground is frozen.
- WHAT TO EXPECT: With regular watering Crimson Clover will germinate in 1-2 weeks and will be small for the first couple months. Blooms red in the first season 6-12" tall from May to June creating a vital nectar and pollen source for our friendly pollinators.
Crimson Clover is a beautiful seasonal addition to a flowering lawn if you are okay with letting it grow at about one foot tall. Grows well in just about any type of well drained soil, especially sandy loam. It is highly attractive to pollinators and fixates nitrogen to improve soil conditions and support the grass and other flowering plants in your lawn. Will not survive winter in zones 5 or colder but has the potential to reseed itself.
Crimson Clover can be dormant seeded in late fall when the ground is frozen or over a fresh snow throughout winter. If seeding in spring, wait until soil temperatures are around 60 degrees and danger of frost is past (Mid-May for upper mid-west states). Our seeding rates are designed to be over-seeded into existing grass lawn. Increase seeding rate for bare soil areas.
Not seeing the information you're looking for? Please email us
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Free shipping on any order through Oct. 1st 2022 with promo code FALLSHIP. All orders over $75 ship free in the lower 48 states of the U.S. To qualify for FREE shipping the order subtotal must be more than $75 before tax and after any promo codes are applied. No promo code is necessary to qualify for free shipping over $75. During normal operations, orders received after 4 p.m. CT will almost always be shipped on the next business day unless otherwise indicted on the order or the item is currently on backorder or out of stock in which case the customer will be notified of substitutions available or an estimated time that the product will be back in stock and shipped once it is in stock.
Returns for a full refund will be accepted within 30 days of original purchase date as long as products are in exact same BRAND NEW condition that they were purchased in. Any opened, partially used or damaged products will not be allowed to be returned or qualify for any refund. After 30 days refunds will be accepted for a store credit as long as they meet condition requirements stated above. Return shipping is not included in purchase. Please allow two weeks for return order processing and a refund to be issued. Ship returns to 3132 Louis Avenue Eau Claire, WI 54703.