Micro Clover Seed
- DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE GRASS: Overseeding a grass lawn with Micro Clover adds low growing flowers which bloom at 2-6” from May to October in white. To install, simply mow short and hand spread the flowering lawn seed into the grass, water, and watch it grow.
- KID, PET, POLLINATOR, AND ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: Flowering lawns are kid and pet friendly and can be walked and played on as normal. Attracts beneficial pollinators such as butterflies and moths, honeybees, and bumblebees. Reduces the carbon footprint of your property. Reduces storm water runoff and filters toxins. Regenerates the soil creating a healthy environment and biodiversity.
- REDUCED MAINTENANCE COSTS: Reduced mowing. No fertilizer necessary. Drought resistant. Micro Clover is a nitrogen fixer which replaces the need for lawn fertilizers. Once a flowering lawn is established it does not need to be watered except in periods of extended drought.
- PURE FLOWER SEEDS: No grass seed fillers like other brands. Contains Micro Clover Seed. Flower seeds have longer germination periods and mature more slowly than grasses. Mature flowering lawn with many blooms can take up to 6-24 months to fully establish especially in thicker grass lawns that have been fertilized more heavily.
- WHAT TO EXPECT: With regular watering Micro Clover will germinate in 1-2 weeks and will be small for the first couple months. After the first growing season it will bloom white with some pink flowers about 2-6" tall from May to October creating a vital nectar and pollen source for our friendly pollinators. Watering regularly after seeding and through dry periods is critical for success.
Micro Clover leaves are about 1/4 the size of Dutch White Clover leaves and is a great option if you prefer keep your lawn shorter at 3-3.5". It still fixes nitrogen into the soil which reduces your fertilizer needs to none once it is established. It also reduces watering needs and reduces mowing needs. Mowing shorter at about 3.5" regularly will reduce the number of flowers produced as well as the amount of pollinators visiting.
Seeding Rate Information:
Micro Clover is easy to establish and can be seeded in spring, summer, or fall, or dormant seeded in late fall when the ground is frozen, or over a fresh snow on a calm day in winter. If seeding in spring, wait until ground thaws and soil temperatures are around 55 degrees (Late April to early May for upper mid-west states). Avoid seeding before hot and dry periods and make sure to prevent soil from completely drying out during germination period. Designed to be over-seeded into existing grass lawn areas. Increase seeding rate for bare soil areas.
Not seeing the information you're looking for? Please email us
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Free shipping on any order through Oct. 1st 2022 with promo code FALLSHIP. All orders over $75 ship free in the lower 48 states of the U.S. To qualify for FREE shipping the order subtotal must be more than $75 before tax and after any promo codes are applied. No promo code is necessary to qualify for free shipping over $75. During normal operations, orders received after 4 p.m. CT will almost always be shipped on the next business day unless otherwise indicted on the order or the item is currently on backorder or out of stock in which case the customer will be notified of substitutions available or an estimated time that the product will be back in stock and shipped once it is in stock.
Returns for a full refund will be accepted within 30 days of original purchase date as long as products are in exact same BRAND NEW condition that they were purchased in. Any opened, partially used or damaged products will not be allowed to be returned or qualify for any refund. After 30 days refunds will be accepted for a store credit as long as they meet condition requirements stated above. Return shipping is not included in purchase. Please allow two weeks for return order processing and a refund to be issued. Ship returns to 3132 Louis Avenue Eau Claire, WI 54703.