Slope/Septic System Kit with Dutch White Clover, Self-Heal & White Yarrow
- Better For Your Family & The Environment -- Our specialty flowering lawn seed is kid and pet friendly. It attracts beneficial pollinators while reducing your property's carbon footprint!
- Kit Contents – Our Flawn Seed Kit will give you everything you need to transform your grass lawn into a blooming flowering lawn. You will receive Dutch White Clover, Self-Heal, and White Yarrow seed packets, and Easy Spread made from grain by-products to help you spread the seed evenly. Includes detailed installation instructions and maintenance tips.
- What To Expect When Using Flawn Seed -- With regular watering, The Flawn seeds will germinate in 2-4 weeks, and plants will be small for the first couple of months. After the first growing season, your Flawn will bloom white, pink, and purple flowers about 2-12" tall between May and October, creating a vital nectar and pollen source for our friendly pollinators. Watering regularly after seeding and through dry periods is critical for success.
- Pure Flower Seeds -- Unlike other brands, Flawn Seed doesn't use grass seed fillers. Flowering seeds have longer germination periods and mature slower than grasses. Mature flowering lawns with many blooms can take up to 6-24 months to fully establish, especially in thicker grass lawns that have been heavily fertilized in the past.
Clover is the quickest to germinate and should be small but visible in a few weeks. Self-Heal and Yarrow should be visible in a month or two. It is very important to continue to mow throughout the first season at 3.5-4" to allow all varieties to grow into the grass. If dormant or spring-seeded, clover may even flower in the first season. A complete transformation may take up to 2-3 years when all three varieties flower together.
How to seed your Flawn:
Step 1: Mow your lawn short (1-2"). It's usually your mower's lowest setting, and go over your lawn a couple of times to chop up and distribute the clippings. You want to be able to see the soil before you seed.
Step 2: Mix the seed pouches in the carton with the carrier product and then fold the carton to create a spout that makes spreading the seed a breeze.
Step 3: Water the lawn to soak the soil but not create any standing water or runoff that would wash the seed away.
Maintaining a Flawn:
- Mow at 3.5-4" for the first 1-2 years. Once all varieties are established, it is up to you how you keep your Flawn. Mowing higher and less often will promote more flowers and have a more wild look. Mowing shorter and more often will have a more traditional lawn look with little to no flowers.
- Do not use pesticide weed or insect killers. Hand weed if necessary or desired.
- White clover fixes atmospheric nitrogen into the ground, so fertilizer needs are minimal, if at all, once established. Applying an organic starter fertilizer is recommended, especially if seeding grass seed in addition to the Flawn Seed Kit.
- If you are seeding a new lawn or renovating a bare soil area, we recommend using a blend of fine fescue seed at 4 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.
Not seeing the information you're looking for? Please email us
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
All orders over $75 ship free in the lower 48 states of the U.S. To qualify for FREE shipping the order subtotal must be more than $75 before tax and after any promo codes are applied. No promo code is necessary to qualify for free shipping over $75. During normal operations, orders received after 4 p.m. CT will almost always be shipped on the next business day unless otherwise indicted on the order or the item is currently on backorder or out of stock in which case the customer will be notified of substitutions available or an estimated time that the product will be back in stock and shipped once it is in stock.
Returns for a full refund will be accepted within 30 days of original purchase date as long as products are in exact same BRAND NEW condition that they were purchased in. Any opened, partially used or damaged products will not be allowed to be returned or qualify for any refund. After 30 days refunds will be accepted for a store credit as long as they meet condition requirements stated above. Return shipping is not included in purchase. Please allow two weeks for return order processing and a refund to be issued. Ship returns to 3132 Louis Avenue #109 Eau Claire, WI 54703.