Micro Clover Bee Lawn Seed Mixture - Easy Spread Shaker
- Contents: Micro Clover + Flowering Lawn Bee Mix Seeds + Soil Builders + Compost Booster; Easy Spread Shaker.
- Better For Your Family, Planet, & The Bees: Our specialty flowering lawn seed is kid and pet friendly. It attracts beneficial pollinators while reducing your property's carbon footprint!
- Low Maintenance: Less mowing, less watering. Once your flowering lawn is established, it requires much less watering and mowing. No fertilizer needed
- Tested and Trusted: Developed and perfected through over 6 years of successful transformations with our Organic Lawn Care partnership.
- Doing More Good: Sales proceeds support our Share the Seed program, educating youth while supporting pollinators with community seeding projects.
Here at Flowering Lawn, we are on a mission to improve the quality of life and the environment, starting with lawns! By making the easy switch to Flawn Seed, you will experience many benefits like reduced mowing, fertilizing & watering - saving you time and money. Flowering lawns support beneficial pollinating insects. Flowering lawns also capture and store more carbon making your property greener. Our Flowering Lawn Kit seeds are easy to establish and can be seeded during any season! If you seed your lawn in late fall or winter, wait until the ground is frozen or sprinkle over fresh snow. If seeding in spring, wait until the ground thaws and soil temperatures are around 55 degrees. Avoid seeding before hot and dry periods to keep soil from completely drying out during germination. Our Flawn Seed Flowering Lawn Kit seeds is designed to be over-seeded into existing grass lawn areas to create about half grass and half flowers. If you are starting with bare soil, add 2-4 lbs of grass seed per 1,000 sqft. If you desire to have only clover and no grass, increase your seeding rates. Caring for a Flowering Lawn - Continue to mow your lawn regularly for the first season to keep the grass from overtaking the seedlings. Regular mowing at 2-4” is necessary to maintain smaller leaves. This will result in fewer flower blooms. Without regular mowing, the clovers will produce larger leaves and produce more flower blooms. Watering through hot and dry periods may also be necessary. Packaging is recyclable.
How to seed your Flawn:
Seed in spring, late summer to early fall. Spread over existing grass after mowing to .5" and raking to loosen soil (full instructions on package). Water lightly but frequently after seeding so soil and seedlings don't dry out. Continue to mow for one year at 2-3" until flowers are fully established.
Maintaining a Flawn:
- Mow at 2-3" for the first year. Once all varieties are established, it is up to you how you keep your Flawn. Mowing higher and less often will promote more flowers and have a more wild look. Mowing shorter and more often will have a more traditional lawn look with little to no flowers.
- Do not use pesticide weed or insect killers. Hand weed if necessary or desired.
- White clover fixes atmospheric nitrogen into the ground, so fertilizer needs are minimal, if at all, once established. Applying an organic starter fertilizer is recommended, especially if seeding grass seed in addition to the Flawn Seed Kit.
- If you are seeding a new lawn or renovating a bare soil area, we recommend using a blend of fine fescue seed at 2-4 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.
Not seeing the information you're looking for? Please email us
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
All orders over $75 ship free in the lower 48 states of the U.S. To qualify for FREE shipping the order subtotal must be more than $75 before tax and after any promo codes are applied. No promo code is necessary to qualify for free shipping over $75. During normal operations, orders received after 4 p.m. CT will almost always be shipped on the next business day unless otherwise indicted on the order or the item is currently on backorder or out of stock in which case the customer will be notified of substitutions available or an estimated time that the product will be back in stock and shipped once it is in stock.
Returns for a full refund will be accepted within 30 days of original purchase date as long as products are in exact same BRAND NEW condition that they were purchased in. Any opened, partially used or damaged products will not be allowed to be returned or qualify for any refund. After 30 days refunds will be accepted for a store credit as long as they meet condition requirements stated above. Return shipping is not included in purchase. Please allow two weeks for return order processing and a refund to be issued. Ship returns to 3132 Louis Avenue #109 Eau Claire, WI 54703.