Self-Heal "Heal-All" Eco-Friendly Seeding Kit
- Better For Your Family & The Environment -- Our specialty flowering lawn seed is kid and pet friendly. It attracts beneficial pollinators while reducing your property's carbon footprint!
- Reduce Maintenance Costs -- Micro Clover is a nitrogen fixer that replaces lawn fertilizers and reduces the need to mow. Once your flowering lawn is established, it won't require watering, except in periods of extended drought.
- Kit Contents – Our Flawn Seed Kit will give you everything you need to transform your grass lawn into a low maintenance and pollinator friendly flowering lawn. You will receive Self-Heal plus soil builders to help improve germination and root development! Includes detailed installation instructions and maintenance tips.
- What To Expect When Using Flawn Seed -- With regular watering, The Flawn seeds will germinate in 2-4 weeks, and plants will be small for the first couple of months. Watering regularly after seeding and through dry periods is critical for success.
Self-Heal can be seeded in spring, summer, or fall, or dormant seeded in late fall when the ground is frozen or over fresh snow on a calm day in winter. If seeding in spring, wait until ground thaws and soil temperatures are around 55 degrees (Late April to early May for upper mid-west states). Avoid seeding before hot and dry periods to ensure soil won't completely dry out during the germination period. Designed to be over-seeded into existing grass lawn areas. Increase seeding rate for bare soil areas.
How to seed your Flawn:
Step 1: Mow your lawn very short (.5-1"). It's usually your mower's lowest setting, and go over your lawn a couple of times to chop up and distribute the clippings. You want to be able to see the soil before you seed. Then lightly rake to loosen the soil. That's it! You're ready to seed!
Step 2: Open the inner bag and empty the seed mix into the carton then close and shake. Fold the carton to create a spout that makes spreading the seed a breeze. Shake the carton and wave your arm back and forth to cover about a six foot wide path as you walk.
Step 3: Water the lawn to soak the soil but not create any standing water or runoff that would wash the seeds away.
Maintaining a Flawn:
- Mow at 2-3" for the first 1-2 years. Once all varieties are established, it is up to you how you keep your Flawn. Mowing higher and less often will promote more flowers and have a more wild look. Mowing shorter and more often will have a more traditional lawn look with little to no flowers.
- Do not use pesticide weed or insect killers. Hand weed if necessary or desired.
- White clover fixes atmospheric nitrogen into the ground, so fertilizer needs are minimal, if at all, once established. Applying an organic starter fertilizer is recommended, especially if seeding grass seed in addition to the Flawn Seed Kit.
- If you are seeding a new lawn or renovating a bare soil area, we recommend using a blend of fine fescue seed at 2-4 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.
Not seeing the information you're looking for? Please email us
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
All orders over $75 ship free in the lower 48 states of the U.S. To qualify for FREE shipping the order subtotal must be more than $75 before tax and after any promo codes are applied. No promo code is necessary to qualify for free shipping over $75. During normal operations, orders received after 4 p.m. CT will almost always be shipped on the next business day unless otherwise indicted on the order or the item is currently on backorder or out of stock in which case the customer will be notified of substitutions available or an estimated time that the product will be back in stock and shipped once it is in stock.
Returns for a full refund will be accepted within 30 days of original purchase date as long as products are in exact same BRAND NEW condition that they were purchased in. Any opened, partially used or damaged products will not be allowed to be returned or qualify for any refund. After 30 days refunds will be accepted for a store credit as long as they meet condition requirements stated above. Return shipping is not included in purchase. Please allow two weeks for return order processing and a refund to be issued. Ship returns to 3132 Louis Avenue #109 Eau Claire, WI 54703.