Dutch White Clover Seed Pouch
- How To Start Your Flowering Lawn Journey -- No need to remove grass; simply mow existing grass very short, hand spread the flowering lawn seed into the grass evenly, one pinch at a time, water it, and watch it grow!
- Better For Your Family & The Environment -- Our specialty flowering lawn seed is kid and pet friendly. It attracts beneficial pollinators while reducing your property's carbon footprint!
- Reduce Maintenance Costs -- Dutch White Clover is a nitrogen fixer that replaces lawn fertilizers and reduces the need to mow. Once your flowering lawn is established, it won't require watering, except in periods of extended drought.
- What To Expect When Using Flawn Seed -- With regular watering, Dutch White Clover will germinate in 1-2 weeks, and plants will be small for the first couple of months. After the first growing season, it will bloom low-growing white flowers with a touch of pink about 2-4” from May to October, creating a vital nectar and pollen source for our friendly pollinators. Watering regularly after seeding and through dry periods is critical for success.
- Pure Flower Seeds -- Unlike other brands, Flawn Seed doesn't use grass seed fillers. Our specialty seed contains Dutch White Clover Seed. Flowering seeds have longer germination periods and mature slower than grasses. Mature flowering lawns with many blooms can take up to 6-24 months to fully establish, especially in thicker grass lawns that have been heavily fertilized in the past.
Dutch White Clover grows in full sun to shade in sandy to loam to clay soils. It fixes atmospheric nitrogen into the soil, reducing fertilizer needs to seldom or none. An essential part of any flowering lawn, Dutch White Clover has broad leaves which make your lawn drought tolerant by shading the ground and keeping it cool and moist, preventing your grass from dying in mid-summer heat waves. It also crowds out weed seedlings. If you would prefer a smaller leaved plant with fewer flowers that still provides the nitrogen-fixing benefits of clover, check out Micro-Clover.
Dutch White Clover has white with some pink flowers about 2.5-4" tall and blooms from May to October, creating a vital nectar and pollen source for our friendly pollinators. The spring bloom will turn brown and crunchy in the heat of mid-summer. Simply mow those flower heads off, and new blooms will push out in early autumn as temperatures begin to come down from summer.
Dutch White Clover is easy to establish and can be seeded in spring, summer, or fall, or dormant seeded in late fall when the ground is frozen or over fresh snow on a calm day in winter. If seeding in spring, wait until ground thaws and soil temperatures are around 55 degrees (Late April to early May for upper mid-west states). Avoid seeding before hot and dry periods, and make sure to prevent soil from completely drying out during the germination period. Designed to be over-seeded into existing grass lawn. Increase seeding rate for bare soil areas.
Not seeing the information you're looking for? Please email us
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
All orders over $75 ship free in the lower 48 states of the U.S. To qualify for FREE shipping the order subtotal must be more than $75 before tax and after any promo codes are applied. No promo code is necessary to qualify for free shipping over $75. During normal operations, orders received after 4 p.m. CT will almost always be shipped on the next business day unless otherwise indicted on the order or the item is currently on backorder or out of stock in which case the customer will be notified of substitutions available or an estimated time that the product will be back in stock and shipped once it is in stock.
Returns for a full refund will be accepted within 30 days of original purchase date as long as products are in exact same BRAND NEW condition that they were purchased in. Any opened, partially used or damaged products will not be allowed to be returned or qualify for any refund. After 30 days refunds will be accepted for a store credit as long as they meet condition requirements stated above. Return shipping is not included in purchase. Please allow two weeks for return order processing and a refund to be issued. Ship returns to 3132 Louis Avenue #109 Eau Claire, WI 54703.